Ingredients FOR THE CAKE: 5 egg whites, room temperature ¾ cup buttermilk ¾ cup unsalted […]
Butter Pecan Cookies are easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. Meltingly tender like traditional shortbread, these Butter Pecan Cookies require only a few steps and take just 15 minutes to bake!
I love butter pecan cookies! I love the way they melt in your mouth. I love the taste of pecans, and of course, the taste of butter. These cookies lasted about an hour here.
Tip for Making the Best Pecan Cookies
By the way, here’s a tip I learned over lunch with Bay Area pastry chef Shuna Fish Lydon of Eggbeater. Beat the butter first. Then, add sugar and beat them together. This is the way it is supposed to be done. (Thanks Shuna!)
Butter Pecan Cookies
If you want a nuttier flavor, toast the nuts lightly before adding to the batter. In a preheated 350°F oven, place the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 5 to 10 minutes, tossing occasionally for even cooking. Remove from pan immediately.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 112g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (140g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (80g) pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven:Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make the cookie dough:With an electric mixer, beat the butter for about a minute. Add sugar and beat until light, about 1 minute more. Beat in vanilla, salt, and flour, scraping down sides of bowl, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.
- Roll into balls, place on cookie sheet:Separate dough into 12 pieces; shape dough into walnut-sized balls. Place 3 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Gently flatten with a glass:Using the bottom of a glass, gently flatten each cookie. Reshape sides if necessary.
- Bake:Bake 15 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through for even cooking. Remove and cool cookies on a wire rack.