- 1 (15 oz) box butter pecan cake mix
- 1 (16 oz) can coconut pecan frosting
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the Sauce:
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×11-inch baking dish.
- To a large bowl, add the cake mix, coconut frosting, eggs, oil, and milk. Beat batter with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Stir in pecans and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30-40 minutes.
- Remove cake from the oven, and using the handle end of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the cake. Set aside while you work on the sauce.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add condensed milk and stir well.
- Bring to a simmer, then stir in chopped pecans. Remove from heat and pour the sauce slowly over the cake, letting it run down into the holes and down the sides.
- Let the cake cool before slicing and serving. Enjoy!