Enchiladas are a staple of Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisines, beloved for their versatility, hearty ingredients, and flavorful sauces. This
Chicken Enchiladas with Cheese and Jalapenos recipe brings a mouth-watering new twist to the table.
It balances the warmth of jalapeños, the softness of cream cheese, and the comforting familiarity of pulled chicken, all wrapped in a soft tortilla and smothered in a succulent enchilada sauce.
Creamy Cheese & Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas starts with a deliciously tender chicken filling. We combine cooked and shredded chicken with cream cheese, diced jalapenos, and a blend of spices for a rich, creamy, and spicy filling.
Place the filled tortillas in a baking dish and drizzle with enchilada sauce, then sprinkle generously with grated cheese. As they bake, the tortillas soften, the cheese bubbles brown, and the flavors mingle in mouth-watering harmony.
- 3 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese mix
- Fresh coriander and diced tomato for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, diced jalapeno, cumin, garlic powder, and salt until well combined.
- Roll out the tortilla and spread a generous amount of the chicken mixture in the middle. Wrap the tortilla tightly around the filling and place it on the baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with rest tortillas and filling.
- Pour the enchilada sauce evenly over the wrapped tortilla, making sure it is completely covered. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake the enchiladas in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese melts and bubbles.
- Remove the enchiladas from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving. If desired, garnish with fresh cilantro and diced tomato.
So put on your chef hat and get ready to impress your family and friends with our delicious Jalapeno Cheese Chicken Enchiladas. This recipe is a testament to the fact that with a little creativity, we can transform traditional dishes into exciting and fun experiences with good food!
Always remember to adjust the level of seasoning and other seasonings according to your personal preference.