According to Chinese tradition, Chinese New Year celebrations begin on the first day of the first month of the lunar calendar and end on the fifteenth day, the day of the first full moon of the year… Here is a Chinese noodle recipe with chicken and vegetables that is perfect for celebrating the Spring Festival. A balanced and healthy recipe.
Nice to see you again after a wonderful week in France.! This is what I missed most during covid. I don’t go back much, but I know I’m stuck in Italy and couldn’t make it back to Alsace if I wanted or needed to really bother me. My younger sister defended her medical dissertation, she was brilliant (as always :-)) and we are all very proud of her. She will be an excellent doctor, and her patients will be very lucky to have her.
I took advantage of my visit to Alsace to sign my new books at the Bisey Library, a historic bookstore in Mulhouse. All the books were sold out, there were a lot of people, it’s a real pleasure! Thank you so much to all who came to say hi or who thought of me from afar by sending me a little message, and especially many kisses to my lifelong friends who came to support me!
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 750ml (3 cups) thawed frozen vegetable soup (chopped celery, carrot, pepper)
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) cooked chicken, coarsely chopped
- 750ml (3 cups) egg noodles
- 65ml (1/4 cup) finely chopped parsley
- 2 L (8 cups) homemade chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, add a little olive oil. On medium heat, sauté onions, garlic, and vegetable soup for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken, broth, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta and cook for a few more minutes, or until the pasta is al dente.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Adjust seasonings to taste before serving.
Enjoy your delicious homemade chicken noodle soup!