Cucumber Bites with Herbed Cream Cheese & Tomato — the name alone conjures images of a balmy Mediterranean coast, where culinary magic ensues with the simplest, freshest ingredients. This appetizer is a trifecta of sensory delights: the cool, crisp bite of cucumber; the lushness of herbed cream cheese; and the burst of succulent tomato.
From elegant dinner parties to laid-back picnics, this dish seamlessly fits any occasion. Each bite is a harmonious melody of flavors and textures, offering a refreshing counterpoint to richer dishes like a well-curated cheese and charcuterie board.
- 2 English cucumbers, sliced into 1/2 inch discs
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, whole or halved
- Herb spread (readily available or use the recipe below)
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan, finely grated
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- For the homemade herb spread, whisk together all ingredients in a bowl until creamy and smooth.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out a small hollow in each cucumber slice.
- Generously apply or pipe the herbed spread onto each cucumber disc.
- Crown each cucumber bite with a cherry tomato, either whole or halved. Garnish with a petite parsley leaf for an added touch of elegance.
- Chill the bites in the refrigerator until you’re ready to dazzle your guests.
Serve and enjoy the symphony of Mediterranean flavors in every bite.