German chocolate poke cake
For the cake:
• 1 box dark chocolate fudge cake mix
• 1 (3.4 oz) box chocolate fudge instant pudding
• 4 large eggs
• 1 cup plain yogurt
• 3/4 cup vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup whole milk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
• 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
For the ganache:
• 4 oz chocolate, chopped
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
For the frosting:
• 1 can coconut pecan frosting
• Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, yogurt, vegetable oil, milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer until combined and pour into prepared pan.
• Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and poke holes all over the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.
• Pour the sweetened condensed milk all over the cake and allow to soak into the holes. Let cool.
• While cake is cooling, place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. Heat cream in a saucepan until just beginning to bubble around the edges. Pour over chocolate and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
• After 5 minutes, stir until chocolate melts. Allow ganache to thicken 5 to 10 minutes before spreading over the top of the cake.
• Spread coconut frosting over the ganache, serve and enjoy!