As summer is coming…so is the sensational aroma of grilling Hamburgers!
And for the Green Chile Addict…add to it the wonderful smell of Green Chile sizzling in all of it’s flavor packed glory – can’t beat it.
WE LOVE SUMMER!!!
So, today – we’ve found what is called the “Best Green Chile Cheeseburger.”
In our book, if you add Green Chile from New Mexican Connection to your burger – it’s a good one.
This recipe is modified from Good Housekeeping!
GREEN CHILE CHEESEBURGER
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 lb. ground beef sirloin (90% lean)
- 3/4 lb. ground beef chuck (80% lean)
- 6 slices American or Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 c. New Mexican Connection Green Chile, diced
- 6 of your favorite hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Heat the grill on medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large bowl, gently combine sirloin and chuck and form into 6 (4-inch-wide) patties. Sprinkle both sides
with salt mixture.
- Grill the burgers for 3 minutes; then, turn them over. Top each patty with a slice of cheese. Cover and cook
for an additional 3 minutes or until desired doneness and the cheese has melted.
- Top each burger with 2 tablespoons of green chiles (or more if you’re a chile addict).
- Serve the burgers on the toasted buns.