Italian Chicken Soup
This Italian Chicken Soup is an easy and delicious way to use up your leftover Chicken.
- 8 oz pasta (1/2 box) – Ditalini or a short macaroni type pasta
- 2 cups chicken, shredded
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 whole jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 30 oz petite cut tomatoes
- 1 can water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. Be sure and cook it al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a frying pan, add olive oil, onion, celery, green pepper, jalapeno, and sauté until tender.
- In a large soup pot, combine chicken broth, water, shredded chicken, tomatoes with their juice, and sautéed vegetables.
- Add in dry oregano, dry basil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in cooked pasta and heavy cream.