+For the cheesecake:
For two cakes:
°250 g of flour
°60 g of cocoa
°250 g of sugar
°Red gel food coloring
°A packet of baking powder
+For the icing:
°1/2 cup (120 mL) heavy cream, cold
°1/2 c butter, softened
°2 c cream cheese
°1¼ cup (160g) powdered sugar
°1 teaspoon vanilla extract
White chocolate shavings
1.Make the cheesecake: Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F). Wrapping 23cm springform pan tightly in foil also placing in deep roasting pan.
- In bowl, beat mascarpone with sugar on speed until smooth. Adding eggs, one at a time, beating after every addition. Add the shamenet, liquid cream, salt and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- Pour batter to prepare springform pan. Pour boiling water into the drip pan so that the water comes up halfway up the sides of the drip pan.
- Baking in preheated oven for 45 min Turn off the heat, open the oven door and let the cake cool in the oven for 30 minutes, then remove it from the oven. Cool on a wire rack to chilled, then transfer to freezer.
- Make the red velvet cake: Whip the eggs until stiff, adding a pinch of salt. As soon as the white is hard, add the sugar.
- Then wait two minutes, add the egg yolks one by one and finish mixing by hand with the flour mixed and sifted beforehand with the baking powder and cocoa and baking powder.
- Add the colorant and mix gently with the spatula.
- Pour batter to prepare molds. Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool in their pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Unmold, then letting cool totally. Once completely cooled, cut off the tops of the cakes.
10.Make the frosting: in a large bowl, beat the mascarpone and the butter. Adding powder sugar also vanilla extract. Beat to smooth and creamy. In other bowl, beat single cream to stiff peaks form. Then gently fold into the mascarpone cheese mixture.
- Assembly: Place a layer of cake in the center of a cake platter. I add a bottomless aluminum mold. Spreading thin layer of frost. Removing cheesecake from freezer. Place cheesecake layer on top of frosting layer, trim edges to fit (if necessary). Spread another thin layer of frosting and then the second layer of red velvet cake.
- Spread a layer of frosting over the top and sides of the cake. Sprinkle white chocolate shavings on top of the cake (optional). Crumble the leftover red cake toppers (which I forgot to do!!) and decorate around and at the bottom of the cake.
- Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.