Ingredients 1/3 head(s) uncooked savoy cabbage, about 8 whole leaves 1/2 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground beef 1/2 cup(s) uncooked white […]
IN THIS RECIPE: My Zucchini and Cheese Muffins recipe is so simple, so good, and so savory — proving you don’t have to go sweet for a baked breakfast or brunch.
Got someone in your family or friend circle that just simply doesn’t have a sweet tooth? We all know one — but we don’t have to trust them, do we? Still, they have to be fed, and these savory muffins are the trick.
I guess we can’t have sweets for breakfast every day either, so these savory muffins are the perfect, satisfying alternative to sweet muffins.
My homemade zucchini muffins are packed with moist zucchini, sharp cheddar, and (this is what I think really makes them delicious) salty feta cheese. Muffins have a habit of coming out of the oven a bit too dry — there is not a chance these muffins will be anything but unbelievably moist!
My Savory Zucchini & Cheese Muffins recipe is proof you don’t have to bake sweets for a special breakfast.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups (12floz/360ml) whole milk (at room temperature)
- ½ cup (4oz/115g) butter (melted)
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 cup (3oz/85g) sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- ½ cup (1½oz/43g) feta cheese (crumbled)
- 2 scallions (finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, and eggs and then stir into the dry ingredients until only a few lumps remain.
- Add the zucchini, cheddar, feta, and scallions and fold in until just combined.
- Divide evenly among the muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden on top and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy as-is!! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Rewarm for about 30 seconds in the microwave or in a 250°F (120°C) oven for about 10 minutes.
The post Savory Zucchini & Cheese Muffins appeared first on . written by %%Helleme.com%%