°3/4 cup granulated sugar
°1/2 cup of milk
°1/2 cup of oil
°1 large egg
°1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or almond extract
°2 cups of all-purpose flour
°2 teaspoons baking powder** (see notes)
°1/4 teaspoon salt
°2 cups strawberries, diced
°2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
+For the glaze:
°2 cups of powdered sugar
°2 tablespoons of melted butter
°1/3 cup strawberries, finely chopped
°1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract or almond extract
°1-2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk** (optional)
– Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
• In a medium bowl, mix sugar, milk, oil, eggs and vanilla together. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
• In a small bowl, mix strawberries and 2 tablespoons of flour to coat the strawberries. Gently fold the floured strawberries into the batter.
• Pour the bread dough into a greased baking tray measuring 9 x 5 cm. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the bread should come out clean. Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
• To make the glaze, mix the powdered sugar, melted butter, and sliced strawberry scoop into a small bowl. Blend until smooth.
• Once the bread has cooled, spread the glaze over the surface of the bread. Cut it into slices and serve.