Quick 3-Ingredient Apple Danish: Your Perfect Breakfast Treat
Who can resist the alluring combination of fresh apples encased in a crisp, buttery pastry? With its roots in Danish traditions, this minimalist 3-Ingredient Apple Danish is an effortlessly charming treat. A surefire hit for breakfast or snacking, this pastry doesn’t just boast simplicity in ingredients but also in preparation.
Tasting Tip: To experience it at its prime, savor this Danish fresh out of the oven. Its allure is perfectly complemented by a steaming cup of coffee or a cool glass of milk. And if you’re feeling particularly indulgent? A splash of caramel or a spoonful of vanilla ice cream takes it to another level of deliciousness. For a more rounded meal, partner it with fresh fruit slices or a light salad.
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 2 medium apples (peeled, cored, and quartered)
- 1/3 cup baker’s sugar (keep a bit extra for a final dusting)
- Warm your oven to 425°F.
- In a saucepan, simmer the apple quarters in water for about 4 minutes or until they just begin to soften. Drain water, mix in sugar, and allow the mix to cool.
- Segment each pastry sheet into six equal rectangles.
- Dampen the edges of a rectangle, then center your sweetened apple. Top it off with a slit pastry piece.
- Press the edges together to form a sealed parcel. Make all six parcels this way.
- Position the pastries on a parchment-covered baking tray. Lightly dust with sugar.
- Bake for a crispy, golden perfection over 12-15 minutes.
- Relish the freshly baked Apple Danish while it’s still warm to capture its full essence. If there are any leftovers (a rare occurrence!), store in the fridge in a sealed container. Warm them up slightly before serving next time, and they’ll be as good as new!