This well-seasoned fish nets me compliments from family and friends whenever I serve it. The fish is moist and flakey, the coating crisp, crunchy and flecked with paprika.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Cajun or blackened seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 catfish or tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients.
- Dip fillets in cornmeal mixture to coat both sides. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake until fish begins to flake easily with a fork, 20-25 minutes.
1 fillet: 242 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.