- ▢4 ounces of uncooked pasta
- ▢1/2 pound fresh salmon
- ▢Flour for dredging
- ▢1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- ▢1 tablespoon butter
- ▢1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ▢2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- ▢3 cloves garlic minced
- ▢3/4 cup heavy/whipping cream
- ▢1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ▢1/2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ▢Fresh basil, torn to taste (optional)
- ▢Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
- ▢Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta. Cook it al dente according to package directions. When the pasta is about 10 minutes away from being done, start the sauce.
- Lightly season the salmon with salt & pepper and then coat it in flour.
- Add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon for 2 minutes/side.
- Take the fish out of the pan and set it aside. Reduce the stove’s heat to medium.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and Dijon mustard to the pan. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the cream, lemon juice, and Cajun seasoning to the pan. Stir until the sauce is smooth.
- Add the salmon back into the pan and break it up using your spoon. Let it cook for a few more minutes until it’s cooked through and the sauce has thickened up a bit. Add some fresh basil in the last minute or two of cooking if using.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Serve with freshly grated parmesan if desired.
- I used sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil and drained the oil before adding them to the pan.
- You can stretch this to 4 people if you double the pasta and serve the dish with a side.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 801kcalCarbohydrates: 53gProtein: 34gFat: 51gSaturated Fat: 26gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 200mgSodium: 180mgPotassium: 990mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 2440IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 105mgIron: 3mg