•2 cups sugar
•3/4 cup unsalted butter slightly softened and cut into chunks
•1 1/2 tsp vanilla
•1 tsp salt
•2 tbsp whole milk
•2 cups flour plus more to toss the cranberries to cover them completely.
•2 1/2 cups cranberries 12 ounce bag
•1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
•8 oz cream cheese , softened softened
•3 cups powdered sugar add more until the desired consistency enough to spread on top of the cake, sifted
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•dried cranberries handfull
•1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan. In a small bowl, toss cranberries with a handful flour to cover them completely.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar for 5-7 minutes, until eggs have increased in volume and stream into ribbons when you lift the beaters.
- Add butter and vanilla and beat until incorporated, about 2 minutes. Beat in milk and salt. Stir in flour, then fold in cranberries. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for an hour, or until a tester comes out clean (but there might be cranberry juices on it). Cool on a wire rack. Run a knife around the cake and then unmold.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until soft. Mix in the powdered sugar about 1 cup at a time, alternating with the cream until the desired sweetness and consistency is reached. mix in vanilla extract.
- Spread on top of the cake.Refrigerate the cake until the frosting is set. When ready to serve, melt white chocolate chips in a bowl as directed on package. Sprinkle the top with dried cranberries and drizzle white chocolate on top.
- You can use a spoon to drizzle it over the tops of the berries or you can put it into a small zip-top bag and snip of the corner for an easy “piping bag.”
You may need to tent the cake with foil in the last 15 minutes or so to keep the top from browning.