A great, easy stir fry with a good, spicy kick. This is a great way to stretch your protein while enjoying an awesome meal for two!
- 4 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 dried red chiles, broken into several pieces
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Step 1Combine water, salt, 2 tablespoons butter, and red chili peppers in a pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Step 2Stir in rice, cover, and lower heat to medium. Cook until rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 3Heat sesame oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute; pour in half the soy sauce.
- Step 4Cook and stir chicken, basil, white pepper, dry mustard, and turmeric with garlic until chicken is browned, no longer pink in the center, and juices run clear, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Step 5Mix remaining soy sauce into chicken mixture.
- Step 6Cook and stir 1 tablespoon butter with broccoli, green pepper, red pepper, and onion in a separate skillet until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir lemon juice into vegetables.
- Step 7Toss vegetables with chicken.
The post kickin fried chicken appeared first on . written by %%Helleme.com%%