Advertisements Chicken Wings are a game day staple! This baked wings recipe has the most […]
Mexican Shrimp Cocktail — Chilled shrimp, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, jalapeno, creamy avocado, and more are combined in a tomato-based sauce, along with a bit of Mexican hot sauce for some kick! Perfect for entertaining or as a no-cook lunch, snack, or dinner – especially when it’s too hot to cook!
Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
Chilled shrimp, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, jalapeno, creamy avocado, and more are combined in a tomato-based sauce, along with a bit of Mexican hot sauce for some kick! Perfect for entertaining or as a no-cook lunch, snack, or dinner – especially when it’s too hot to cook!
- 1 ½ pounds medium U20-25 count shrimp, cooked (some with tails on, optional)
- 1 cup red onion, finely diced (white or yellow onion may be substituted)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (use serrano chile for more heat)
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste if deseired
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- ½ English cucumber, diced (or another cucumber that is seeded)
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, small diced
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely minced or to taste
- 32 ounce bottle Clamato Juice (spicy or regular)
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup clam juice
- ¼ cup Mexican hot sauce (such as Valentina or Tapatio)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice (freshly squeezed preferred)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, small cubes
- Saltine crackers or tortilla chips, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- To a large bowl, add all ingredients except the avocado, stir to combine.
- Taste, check for seasoning and flavor balance, and make adjustments as necessary* (See Notes)
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving with cracker or chips as desired.
- Recipe can be made up to 4 hours in advance and kept covered in the fridge until ready to serve. Best consumed within 8 hours of making it.
* If it tastes at all flat or bland I first recommend adding salt, then lime juice, then something spicy like more jalapeno/serrano or hot sauce. Often another few pinches of cilantro can help out too in Mexican recipes to balance the flavor.
The post Mexican Shrimp Cocktail appeared first on . written by %%Helleme.com%%