MEXICAN BEEF SOPES
Try this Mexican-style dish as an appetizer. Shredded beef and refried beans sit on top of a fried flat corn dough. Garnish with all your favorite toppings.
- 12 ounces pre-cooked shredded Beef
- 2 cups masa harina
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling dough
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup refried black beans
- In a large bowl, combine masa harina, flour, baking power and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Slowly add water until a soft dough is formed. Transfer dough to floured surface; knead by hand for 5 minutes until dough is smooth. Cover in plastic and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4 inch thick. Using cookie or biscuit cutter, cut into 2-1/4 inch circles. Re-roll remaining dough, as needed, to get 24 circles. Heat 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat until hot; add oil. Fry sopes about 5 minutes or until golden brown and edges are crispy; turning once. Transfer sopes to paper towel-lined plate. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, combine beef, lime juice, orange juice, cumin, chile power, coriander, garlic powder and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat over medium heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes and jalapeño peppers. Keep warm.
- Top each sopes with beans then beef mixture. Garnish with cheese and cilantro, as desired.
The post MEXICAN BEEF SOPES appeared first on . written by %%Helleme.com%%