OUTNUMBERED ~ ONE HOUR CINNAMON ROLLS
(Don’t plan for leftovers. There won’t be any!!!)
- Mix and let sit for 15 minutes:
3 1/2 c. warm water
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
6 T. yeast (4 1/2 Saf-Instant)
- Then add:
1 T. salt
10 1/2 c. flour
- Mix together for 10 minutes, then sit for 10 minutes. 4. Oil cupboard (don’t use flour), dump out dough. Divide in half.
- Press one half out into rectangle. Spread with ¼ c. melted butter and then with cinnamon-sugar mixture. 6. Roll up tight, but not too tight.
- Divide into 12 rolls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with other half of dough. Let rise.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400.
1 c. sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1 cube butter
2 dashes salt
2 t. vanilla
6 c. powdered sugar
Orange Rolls: Add orange concentrate to regular frosting
Chocolate Rolls: Add baking cocoa and a few drops of water to the regular frosting
Cream cheese Rolls: Add cream cheese to the regular frosting
NOTES: Recipe by Camille Paskett and Shanna Roberts
*1 cube of butter = 1/2 c.
*Orange concentrate is frozen orange juice.
*I just use regular flour, not self-rising.
*It really is 6 Tablespoons of yeast. I use SafInstant. I have never used the packets, so I don’t know the conversion.
*It really is 10 and 1/2 cups of flour.
*I have never frozen the dough. These are way too easy to make to bother with freezing them. But some people have.
*Rising time depends on how warm the house is, the humidity, etc. Just let them rise until they are big enough for you.
*I don’t know how many calories these are. Please don’t tell me.
*If you want half the rolls, just half the recipe.
*400 degrees Fahrenheit.
*I use the dough hook to mix it up.