* Ingredients for 4 people
– 1 chicken breast cut into small cubes
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable/canola oil
– 2 spoonfuls of butter
– 1 large onion (or 2 small), diced
– 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon of the ginger puree
– 1 1/2 teaspoons of garam masala
– 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
– 1 teaspoon of turmeric
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– 1 tube (135 g) tomato puree
– 1 teaspoon ground red pepper (adjusted according to your spice preference)
– 1 1/4 cups cream
– 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
– 1/4 cup water (if needed)
– mint bread
1: Heat the oil in a large skillet, then add the chicken to the skillet. Fry on both sides for 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat and transfer to a plate. (chicken will not be fully cooked)
2: In the same pan, melt the butter, add the chopped onion and fry until soft. About 2-3 minutes.
3: Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for a minute until fragrant. Then add garam masala, cumin, turmeric, and coriander. Fry for 20 seconds, stirring constantly.
4: Add tomato paste, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-5 minutes, until mixture thickens and turns dark red/brown.
5: Pass the cream and sugar through the sauce. Return the chicken and its juices to the skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken and cooking the chicken in the sauce, stirring occasionally.
6: Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven)
Boil the rice. After the sauce has cooked for 5 minutes, but the naan bread in the oven for another 5 minutes.
7: Fold everything over a curry with coriander. (my choice).