The BEST Steak Marinade in existence is right here! This magical, homemade marinade transforms everyday cuts of beef into tender, juicy and flavorful steaks! Watch the recipe video below to see how quick and easy this recipe is to make!
I can’t believe June is here! My kids’ last day of school is Friday and then we are officially on summer vacation. We’re taking it easy this summer and will be spending as much time outside as we can.
For us, summer time means firing up the grill. We love to grill just about everything (chicken, vegetables, hot dogs and burgers) but steaks are a family favorite. It used to be a toss up for us between which dry rub to use but now, our go-to marinade is this: the BEST Steak Marinade in Existence!!
WHAT IS THE BEST MARINADE FOR STEAK?
A good quality, homemade steak marinade doesn’t need to be fancy. A few simple ingredients are all you need. The best steak marinade should include:
- Several layers of flavor – Soy sauce, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce all play a key role in the flavor profile of this marinade.
- An acid (in this case, lemon juice) to help break down the tough muscle fibers and collagen in the meat so that the flavorful ingredients infuse into the steak.
- Fat – Most marinades, including this one, have oil in them. Olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, or vegetable oil are the most common. The oil helps to balance any acidic ingredients and it helps the steak to retain moisture as it cooks.
BEST STEAK MARINADE IN EXISTENCE
This homemade steak marinade recipe post, originally published back in 2012, is still our favorite today.
This marinade will seriously transform your meat. The adapted recipe couldn’t be any quicker or easier – simply whisk the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. If you have a blender at home, you can blend all of the ingredients together.
Best Steak Marinade in Existence!!
This recipe makes enough homemade steak marinade for 4 to 5 lbs. of meat.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (heaping) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- Place meat into a large ziptop bag. Using a bowl, pour in all of the ingredients and whisk until thoroughly mixed. If you have a blender at home, feel free to blend the marinade ingredients together. Otherwise, a whisk works fine too!
- Pour the marinade into a ziptop bag, directly over the meat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. The longer you allow the meat to marinate, the better, but because of the acid (lemon juice) in the marinade, do not marinate longer than 4 hours.
- Remove meat from the marinade and DISCARD THE MARINADE – do not reuse. Cook steak as desired and enjoy!