Baked in your favorite pie crust, with a simple list of ingredients, Crab Pie is astoundingly delicious. Think crab cake meets quiche. Spend the 90 minutes or so it takes to make (from start to finish), and you will be glad you did. After all, it’s crab. It’s pie. It’s a winner!
- 2- 9 ″ deep pie crusts (baked 3 minutes and cooled)
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8-ounce shredded Swiss cheese
- 8-ounce shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- (Note: You can use backfin, it is fine. The lump is the most expensive and not necessary.)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 90mins
Preheat the oven to 350ºF
Bake your crust for 3 minutes. We used Pillsbury pie dough and it worked out great. We did spray the pie pans with Pam spray to keep the crust from sticking.
Combine eggs, flour, mayonnaise, and milk, mix well. Add cheese, 1 teaspoon Old Bay, onion, and pepper and mix well.
Fold in crab meat and try not to separate the lumps of crab meat too much. Pour into 2 separate pie crusts, and sprinkle with additional Old Bay Seasoning.
Bake at 350ºF for 50 minutes or until the knife comes out clean. (Check at about 40 minutes to avoid burning, since ovens vary.)