This is a versatile sauce. It’s from Korea, but that’s how I do it for my taste. It’s delicious with beef or even tofu. We usually get this as a veal casing with lettuce.
I’ve made enough at least twice. It will stay in the refrigerator for a long time.
Ingredients for 6 people
– 500g thinly sliced beef (here I used ribs, half the recipe)
– 2 thinly sliced carrots (optional)
– 4 finely chopped spring onions
– 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon of Kikkoman light soy sauce
– 1 large onion, sliced
– 1 apple/pear (chopped or grated) – optional – not used here
– 2 tablespoons of mirin or water
– 5 cloves of garlic or 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
– 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
– 1 tablespoon of honey
– 2 tablespoons sweetener/sugar
– 2 tablespoons of paprika (optional)
– 1 teaspoon black pepper/white pepper
– 2 thin slices of pepper (optional)
– 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
1: Mix all ingredients except beef, carrots (not used here), sliced onions, and scallions. give it a taste. Add the material to your liking. Then add the carrots and spring onions.
2: Put it in a jar, add the scallions, some more sesame seeds and close the jar. put it in the fridge. leave overnight if possible before use.
3: When you want to use it. put the meat in a box, add the pasta, add the onion. Let it sit for a few minutes, but better overnight. and fry with oil. or just a little oil.