Looking to make the ultimate comfort food? This classic chicken noodle soup recipe is one of my all-time favourites. For maximum surface flavor, I sauté meat and vegetables before boiling them on the stove in a large pot filled with aromatic herbs.
Ingredients for 4 Persons
– 250 g minced chicken (or finely chopped)
– Peel 2-3 shallots and slice into thin slices
– 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or more if you like)
– 1-2 tablespoons of kecap mani (It’s good to skip this, but it will taste more salty than sweet)
– 2 teaspoons xylitol/sugar
– 1 tablespoon of soy sauce for the chicken, 1 tablespoon for the rest
– 1.5 teaspoons oyster sauce (optional)
– 2 spring onions, thinly sliced (reserve some for garnishing)
– 100 ml of water
– 2 teaspoons of white pepper
– Thin slices of bird chilies/chilies (optional)
– oil as needed
– Pakchoi – Boil separately
– bean sprouts – Boil separately for 5 minutes (optional)
– To mix with boiled noodles (boil separately)
– 1 teaspoon of kecap mani
– 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper
– 1/4 sesame oil
– 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (or skin chicken fat)
– 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I used sambal ABC) – optional
– Skin chicken fat – optional- put in a pan, put the skinned chicken on a small fire when all the oil comes out
Add the oil, heat a little more. Put in a jar and ready to use
– 100 g skin chicken
– liquid oil
1: Heat the wok, add some oil and fry the minced chicken first. Add some soy sauce and white pepper until cooked through, set aside until the end of the wok.
2: Add a little more oil (and chicken skin oil if you’re going to use it), and fry the shallots and garlic until fragrant. It is mixed well. Add cayenne pepper if used. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, xylitol, oyster sauce, stir and add kecap mani and water. Turn the heat to medium-low and cook until the water has evaporated.
3: It will take about 10-15 minutes, then add the white pepper and spring onions. Taste, you can add a little salt if necessary. this is the end. It should just have some liquid left (sometimes I used the liquid to stir the noodles). — you can freeze what you can’t finish here.
4 : Preparation: Put vegetable oil (or chicken skin oil), sesame oil, sambal ABC, kecap mani, and white pepper (you can add a little bit of chicken liquid) in a bowl. well, mixed. Add the boiled noodle, mixing it well. Put about 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture on one side and boil the pakchoi and bean sprouts on the other side. I also used the boiled sauce as it is ready in my fridge. Sprinkle some spring onions. and that’s it!!!
5: You can mix them all when you eat them. Enjoy x