My favorite fruit salad! Perfectly right and refreshing with a beautiful combination of colors. This is the perfect summer side dish for cookouts or holiday parties. You can switch of the fruits listed here for others you may have on hand.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 lb chopped fresh pineapple,
- 12 oz fresh blueberries
- 12 oz red grapes, sliced into halves
- 4 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 3 mandarin oranges*
- 2 bananas, sliced (optional)
Honey Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp lime zest (zest of 2 medium limes)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Add all fruit to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together they honey, lime zest and lime juice.
- Pour over fruit and toss to evenly coat, serve immediately**.
- *1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges in juice or light syrup, drained well will work here too (which was what was previously listed, I just now prefer the fresh).
- **Fruit can be chopped 1 day in advance (except banana) and dressing can be made 1 day in advance and kept separate and chilled, toss together just before serving.
- Recipe originally shared June 2014, photos have been updated.