Leftover Mashed Potato Cheese Puffs
Leftover Mashed Potato Cheese Puffs offer a scrumptious solution for extra mashed potatoes, combining the homely taste of potatoes with the gooey joy of melted cheese. These puffs are perfect for enhancing any meal, be it an appetizer, a side, or a casual snack.
- 3 cups of mashed potatoes
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (like cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chives, chopped
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- Salt, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Oven Prep: Heat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and lightly oil a muffin pan.
- Combine Eggs and Sour Cream: Whisk the eggs and sour cream in a bowl until smooth.
- Add Cheeses and Chives: Introduce the shredded cheese, Parmesan, chives, and a pinch of salt to the mix, stirring well.
- Fold in Potatoes: Carefully mix in the mashed potatoes until the mixture is uniform.
- Fill Muffin Tin: Spoon the potato mixture into the muffin cups, filling them to the brim.
- Bake: Place the tin in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they’re puffed and golden.
- After a brief cooling period, dislodge the puffs and they’re ready to serve. Pair these golden Cheese Puffs with any main dish, particularly roasted meats, or offer them as a standalone treat at your next social gathering.
Turn those remaining mashed potatoes into a cheesy, crispy delight that’s bound to be a hit any day!